The ©”Let’s Talk About ACP” program seeks to provide African American pastors and faith leaders a culturally relevant approach to facilitating their own in-house ACP education workshops that include the historical, cultural, spiritual, and generational values that honor many African American traditions.
- Unlimited access to the “Let’s Talk about ACP” curriculum and training video with presentation slides (digital download)
- A one-hour virtual ‘train-the trainer’ facilitator session for two (2) individuals
- A step-by-step Facilitator Guide (digital download)
- 10 copies of The African-American Spiritual and Ethical Guide to End-of-Life Care (additional copies available at discount pricing schedule)
- 10 “I’ve got my house in order” buttons
- A Certificate of Completion template (digital download)
- One-Year Program License (renewable option included)
The ©”Let’s Talk About ACP” training curriculum is an intervention created by Dr. Gloria Anderson in response to an online survey she conducted in 2018 with 72 African American pastors, ministers, and faith leaders to learn more about their knowledge level in dealing with advance care planning and end-of-life issues within their congregations and communities. Nearly 87% saw their church’s role as having a responsibility to assist members in these matters. Only 14% currently offer ACP educational training to members and nearly 86% did not. Mostly all (90%) saw a need in their congregations to provide a culturally relevant educational process to help congregants learn more about healthcare decision-making related to advance care planning and end-of-life options.